- How many flowers must honey bees tap to make one pound of honey? - Two million.
- How many flowers does a honey bee have to visit to gather a load of pollen? - 1500 flowers.
- How far does a hive of bees fly to bring you one pound of honey? - Over 55,000 miles
- How large an area does a honey bee have to cover to collect a load of pollen? -Approximately 12 square miles.
- How much honey does the average worker honey bee make in her lifetime? -
- How heavy is a load of pollen? - Approximately 10 mg.
- How fast does a honey bee fly? - About 15 miles per hour
- How much honey would it take to fuel a bee's flight around the world? - About one ounce.
- How long does a worker honey bee live? - Approximately 42-45 days in peak season.
- Bee pollen is high in DNA & RNA
- How long have bees been producing honey from flowering plants? - 10-20 million years.
- Honey bees make flakes of wax no larger than a pin head. It takes 500,000 flakes of wax to make one pound of bees wax.
- How many kilograms of honey do bees have to consume to make one kilogram of bees wax? - Eighteen kilograms of honey, almost 40 lbs. of honey.
- How many wings does a honey bee have? - Four